- Acid Base Considerations in Stone-Age Farming Sweet Potato Eaters,
Thomas Remer, Shoma Berkemeyer and Friedrich Manz, , 2008
- Food Composition and Acid-Base Balance: Alimentary Acid Load and
Hermann Kalhoff , Friedrich Manz, Peter Kiwull and Heidrun Kiwull-Schöne, , 2008
- Contribution of Various Dietary Constituents to the Acid Base Status:
Christian Demigné, Houda Sabboh, Marie-Noëlle Horcajada and Véronique Coxam, , 2008
- Acid-Base Homeostasis: Latent Acidosis as a Cause of Chronic Disases
Vormann, J., Goedecke, Th., , 2008
- Dietary acid-base balance, bone resorption, and calcium excretion.
Jajoo R, Song L, Rasmussen H, Harris SS, Dawson-Hughes B., , 2006
- Acid-base status affects renal magnesium losses in healthy, elderly persons.
Rylander R, Remer T, Berkemeyer S, Vormann J., , 2006
- Partial neutralization of the acidogenic Western diet with potassium citrate increases bone mass in postmenopausal women with osteopenia.
Jehle S, Zanetti A, Muser J, Hulter HN, Krapf R., , 2006
- Fruit and vegetable consumption and bone mineral density: the Northern Ireland Young Hearts Project.
McGartland et al., Am J Clin Nutr 80:1019-1023, 2004
- Alteration of noncollagenous bone matrix proteins in distal renal tubular acidosis.
Disthabanchong et al., Bone 35:604-613, 2004
- The ratio of animal protein intake to potassium intake is a predictor of bone resorption in space flight analogues and in ambulatory subjects.
Zwart et al., Am J Clin Nutr 80:1058-1065, 2004
- Dietary acid-base balance and intake of bone-related nutrients in Cambridge teenagers.
Prynne et al., Eur J Clin Nutr 58:1462-1471, 2004
- Nutritional associations with bone loss during the menopausal transition: evidence of a beneficial effect of calcium, alcohol, and fruit and vegetable nutrients and of a detrimental effect of fatty acids.
Macdonald et al., Am J Clin Nutr 79:155-165, 2004
- Lower estimates of net endogenous noncarbonic acid production are positively associated with indexes of bone health in premenopausal and perimenopausal women.
New et al., Am J Clin Nutr 79:131-138, 2004
- Regulation of bone cell function by acid-base balance.
Arnett T, Proc Nutr Soc 62:511-520, 2003
- Chronic acidosis-induced alteration in bone bicarbonate and phosphate.
Bushinsky et al., Am J Physiol Renal Physiol F532-F539, 2003
- Metabolic acidosis stimulates RANKL RNA expression in bone through a cyclo-oxygenase-dependent mechanism.
Frick K, Bushinsky DA, J Bone Miner Res 18:1317-1325, 2003
- Bone buffering of acid and base in humans.
Lemann et al., Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 285:F811-F832, 2003
- Neutralization of Western diet inhibits bone resorption independently of K intake and reduces cortisol secretion in humans.
Maurer et al., Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 284:F32-F40, 2003
- Intake of fruit and vegetables: implications for bone health.
New SA, Proc Nutr Soc 62:889-899, 2003
- Dietary potential renal acid load and renal net acid excretion in healthy, free-living children and adolescents.
Remer et al., Am J Clin Nutr 77:1255-1260, 200
- Metabolic and endocrine effects of metabolic acidosis in humans.
Wiederkehr M, Krapf R, Swiss Med Wkly 131:127-132, 2001
- Diet acids and alkalis influence calcium retention in bone.
Buclin et al., Osteoporos Int 12:493-499, 2001
- Acid-base Metabolism. Nutrition, Health, Disease.
European Journal of Nutrition Special Issue, Eur J Nutr 40:187-259, 2001
- A high ratio of dietary to vegetable protein increases the rate of bone loss and the risk of fracture in postmenopausal women.
Sellmeyer et al., Am J Clin Nutr 73:118-122, 2001
- Supplementation with alkaline minerals reduces symptoms in patients with chronic low back pain.
Vormann et al., J Trace Elem Med Biol 15:179-183, 2001
- The effects of acid on bone.
Bushinsky DA, Frick KK, Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 9:369-379, 2000
- Comparative effects of potassium chloride and bicarbonate on thiazide-induced reduction in urinary calcium excretion.
- Frassetto LA, Nash E et al., Kidney Int 58:748-752, 2000
- Worldwide incidence of hip fracture in elderly women: relation to consumption of animal and vegetable foods.
Frassetto LA, Todd KM et al., J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 55:M585-M592, 2000
- Dietary protein and phosphorus do not affect calcium absorption.
Heaney RP, Am J Clin Nutr 72:758-761, 2000
- Dietary influences on bone mass and bone metabolism: further evidence of a positive link between fruit and vegetable consumption and bone health.
New et al., Am J Clin Nutr 71:142-151, 2000
- Influence of diet on acid-base balance.
Remer T, Semin Dial 13:221-226, 2000
1995 in starejše
- Decreased bone formation and increased mineral dissolution during acute fasting in young women.
Grinspoon et al., J Clin Endocrinol Metab 80:3628-3633, 1995
- Potential renal acid load (PRAL) of foods and its influence on urine pH.
Remer T, Manz F, Am Diet Assoc 95:791-797, 1995
- Improved mineral balance and skeletal metabolism in postmenopausal women treated with potassium bicarbonate.
Sebastian et al., N Engl J Med 330:1776-1781, 1994
- Cross-cultural association between dietary animal protein and hip fracture: a hypothesis.
Abelow et al., Calcif Tissue Int 50:14-18, 1992
- Acetate and hypercalciuria during total parenteral nutrition.
Berkelhammer et al., Am J Clin Nutr 48:1482-1489, 1988
- Vegetarian lifestyle and bone mineral density.
Marsh et al., Am J Clin Nutr 48:837-841, 1988
- Significance of the hydrogen ion concentration in synovial fluid in rheumatoid arthritis.
Farr et al., Clin Exp Rheumatol 3:99-104, 1985
- Calcium balance and acid-base status of women as affected by increased protein intake and by sodium bicarbonate ingestion.
Lutz J, Am J Clin Nutr 39:281-288, 1984
- Influence of high protein diets on cartilage and bone formation in rats.
Weiss et al., J Nutr 111:804-816, 1981